People new to acupuncture often have no idea what to expect when they first go to an acupuncturist. At Emanuele Acupuncture, Rosanne will begin her work exploring the patient’s health history and concerns. She will then select from the following classic methods and procedures at the initial visit and subsequent sessions. Most patients return for 6-10 sessions, depending upon the state of their health, and the sessions last 45-60 minutes.
All procedures are painless and have no unwanted side effects
- Acupuncture – The therapeutic use of various types of sterile, hair thin, stainless steel one-time-use disposable needles. Also the use of a Japanese specialized dull-tipped needle which is gently held on the surface of the skin without puncturing it.
- Medical Qi Gong – As energy (Qi) is released from the needles, Rosanne manually moves the Chi along from above the body, to help with the reorganization of energy
- Cupping - glass suction cups applied to the back helping to reduce muscular tension and toxins.
- Hot Packs – Packs placed on various locations to “warm” the “cold” spots on the body
- Teishin – a Japanese gold hand-held surface tool used very effectively to release stagnated tissues around the spine or other congested areas
- Diodes – the use of tiny diodes either attached to a gold magnetized ring or to a silver chain is unusually effective for reducing surface inflamation.
One way to think of acupuncture is that it is an energetic conversation with body.
More specifically, an acupuncture session often begins with a calming treatment above the forehead Much of the body relaxes at this early stage in the treatment and allows Rosanne to assess where the next part of the treatment needs to take place. Ultimately the body's core energy, upright Qi, is strengthened and addresses underlying issues.
Typically, patients experience improvement after each session, but just as importantly patients feel renewed, refreshed, grounded, calm. To learn more about our patients' experiences and for more information, see testimonials.
Acupuncture is green! It is non-toxic, has no harmful side effects and leaves no carbon footprint.
Guidelines for Your Visit
Please turn off cell phones before coming in for your appointment.
A small snack before your session, especially if you have skipped a meal, is recommended.
Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes that can be pushed up to the knees and elbows for insertion of needles. Tight jeans and turtlenecks are not acupuncture-friendly! You are welcome, of course, to change into comfortable and loose-fitting clothes when you arrive.
You are welcome to arrive early to use the bathroom.
No particular faith, belief, or even knowledge of acupuncture is needed for positive results. However, an attitude of receptivity to treatment is helpful.
For maximum results, it is recommended that you avoid strong activities or influences such as aerobic exercise, heavy weightlifting, sauna, massage, unusually spicy food, or intensive emotional extremes for 24 hours
What you say will be respected as confidential.